Health insurance has grown to be of utmost importance in today’s life. With increasing urbanization and ever-growing population, health hazards have mushroomed rapidly too. Health Insurance works as a cushion when your loved ones fall sick. There are different ranges of these policies that can fit your requirements. Today, let’s take a look at the Types and division of Health Insurance In USA. You can easily buy your plan from your state’s marketplace or an insurance broker. Either way, you can choose Health insurance from different levels of benefits. These levels are Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. let’s discuss how these plans different from each other.
Health Insurance: Level Of Benefits
As discussed above, the health insurance plans are in four different levels providing with different options.
- BRONZE: This covers on an average of 60% of your medical costs and you only have to pay 40%.
- SILVER: This covers on an average of 70% of your medical costs and you only have to pay 30%.
- GOLD: This covers on an average of 80% of your medical costs and you only have to pay 20%.
- PLATINUM: This covers on an average of 90% of your medical costs and you only have to pay 10%.
- CATASTROPHIC: This policy only pays after you have reached a very high deductible. This covers, first three primary care visits, preventive care (free) even if you have not reached the high deductible.
You can easily buy an insurance plan for yourself and your family under different levels of care level from large and trusted national brands like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, Aetna, Cigna, Kaiser, Amerigroup, Coventry, Cigna, and United. We hope this will help you know about the US Healthcare system.