Are you an international student planning to get a car for yourself in the USA? Car Insurance in the USA just like many other countries is a must but for international students, it can a bit tricky. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered on this. Here, you’ll get all the necessary details that you need to know about getting a car insurance as an international student. We’ll go through the details in the following manner:
- Things To Know about car insurance in the USA
- How much car insurance can cost in the USA?
- Tricks to pay less for car insurance
You may also like to read: Amazingly Expensive Cars To Insure!
Things To Know About Car Insurance In The USA
Let’s discuss some really important things that you should keep in your mind always as an overseas student or even as a temporary resident.
- Always carry your driving license with you while driving a vehicle.
- If your driving license is not in English then you can either get a certified translated license or get an international driving permit. You can also get your license in the US by taking the required test.
- Remember to register your car. Registration has a valid period of one year, so get it renewed before it expires.
- When you buy a new car, you get a one-year registration with that.
- If you buy a second-hand car, remember to get the registration transferred by the owner on your name and send it to the state motoring authority.
How Much Car Insurance Can Cost In The USA?
There are a number of factors that can affect the payment of your car insurance. But these may vary with different companies. Let’s take a quick look at them:
- Gender: Statists say that males are more prone to accidents, females have to pay a lesser amount of insurance amount.
- Age: If you are below the age of 25 chances are that you’ll have to some more amount than those who are above 25.
- Car: The expensive the car, the more you’ll have to pay for its insurance.
- Driving record: The cleaner the record the better and the lesser the insurance fee.